Two new VCM IDS kits have been released after the SP177 series. There are VXDIAG VCX NANO Ford& Mazda IDS 2-in-1 and VCMII 2-in-1 for Ford IDS V96 and Mazda IDS V95. What’s the difference among these VCM IDS diagnostic kits?
VXDIAG VCX NANO IDS for Ford & Mazda (Item No: SP239)
VCMII 2-in-1 diagnostic tool for Ford IDS V96 and Mazda IDS V95 (Item No:SP239-B)
VCM2 series (Item No: SP177-C, SP177-C1, SP177-C2, SP177, SP177-1, SP177-D, SP177-G)
Although software car same called IDS, they are slightly different.
- SP239 and SP239-B
1) SP239 and SP239-B share the exactly the same Ford IDS and Mazda IDS software, ONLY differs in hardware outlook.
2) SP239 and SP239-B can be compatible with OEM software of Ford IDS and Mazda IDS. Ford/Mazda IDS supports OEM Ford/Mazda IDS online programming, key programming functions etc.
3) SP239 and SP239-B IDS will not be locked by OEM software which means you can update with the OEM IDS software.
4) SP239 and SP239-B Ford/Mazda IDS software can be installed on VMware (Win XP or Win 7).
- SP239/SP239-B and SP177 series.
- SP239-B looks the same as SP177 series
- SP177 series VCM2 does not have Ford IDS and Mazda IDS 2-in-1.
- SP177 series VCM II is not compatible with OEM IDS software.
- SP177 series Ford IDS or Mazda IDS software is better to be installed on Win XP O/S. Ford IDS and Mazda IDS cannot install on same computer. If installed on VMware, it is OK.
- SP177 series IDS supports OEM IDS functions as well.
- Do not install SP239/SP239-B IDS software on SP177 series VCM 2 hardware.
- SP239/SP239-B software should be installed on VMware (Win XP/Win7), if install on VMware, Ford IDS and Mazda IDS can be installed on one computer
Q: Can I update Mazda IDS (SP239) using the OEM IDS software?
A: You can have a try. Our customer has tested Mazda OEM IDS V95 is OK.
Q: Can I install VXDIAG Ford IDS on Win 7?
A: Yes, if you fail to install Win 7/Win XP, please try our Win XP or Win 7 O/S.
Q: I have setup the IDS V95 VXDIAG VCX NANO for Ford VMware, VCM device can be found on VCI Manager, but the IDS failed to communicate with the VCM?
A: Possible reason: You chose “Cancel” when system prompted IDS Software-License Inactive message.
- We will send you the software CD again
- We will provide you software download link. Follow video instructions on obd2express.co.uk webpage to install IDS. (If you need to install VMware, then download VMware related files, vice versa. Because IDS files on VMware and Directly installation are different.)
Q: Does Ford VXDIAG VCX NANO support 2015 Ford online programming function? Does it support key programming as VCMII?
A: Yes, VXDIAG IDS supports online programming for parts of 2015 Ford, but not all Ford. It will program keys for Ford and Mazda.